Its summer! Not to mention super hot. While you enjoy a mint julep while reclining on your chaise, let us do all the hard work of cleaning your window sills and windows. This arduous task is easy to put off…for a long time. But that’s a bad idea. Let’s be honest – it’s depressing to look out your smudgy windows. But, keeping windows clean and in good working condition is important in maintaining property value. But if you must be a DIY-er, here are some good cleaning tips:
Maintaining your windows and screens is easy. Follow these simple steps to clean your windows:
· Start with water and a soft cloth. If something is difficult to get off the windows, use a mild detergent. Windex works well too.
· Always brush screen lightly with a soft brush. Screens are flexible and can be bent easily.
· Never use a power washer to clean residential windows.
· Harsh chemicals, even soft scrub, are abrasive and can leave marks. Don’t use those items.
· When cleaning swipe in one direction, horizontal or vertical. This will keep the streaks away!
Don’t have time to clean your windows? Call the professionals at Larsen Window. We’ll handle all your window cleaning needs! 626-303-3664
It is advisable to have your gutters cleaned often. The key to knowing the frequency of cleaning your gutters depends on the age of your house and its gutters. The older type which are totally open are particularly prone to collecting leaves. If there are big deciduous trees, it’s especially important to clear out debris often. Even if the new type of gutters have been installed with the grates over them, debris and small leaves still collect.
People often forget to clean out the downspouts. That’s a big mistake as water will just back up under roof tiles. It’s a messy job, that’s for sure. Those of you in the Los Angeles area should check your gutters every four months for signs of blockages, leaks and possible overflowing. If you live in an area with high rainfall, checking your gutters may need to be more often. As you check your gutters and track the need for cleaning after a season or two it will be pretty clear to you what your gutter cleaning frequency should be
Once you know when your gutters need attention, you may opt to do it yourself, or call a professional such as Larsen Window Cleaning. When you clean your gutters yourself, do note that there are some dangers attached to it:
1. Gutter cleaning inevitably involves ladders. Make sure that your ladder is stable and well maintained when you clean your gutters. According to the United Press Institute (UPI), there are 187,000 ladder-related injuries a year in the U.S. The most common injuries are a result of ladder instability, poor ladder maintenance, contact with electrical wiring, improper clothing and/or vertigo issues. Those with 2 story homes and above should refrain from DIY gutter cleaning and gutter installation projects. Call Larsen.2. Gutter cleaning requires you to go up and down the ladder several times to complete the task of cleaning your gutter. This causes fatigue and can increase the possibility of an accident.
3. Gutter cleaning requires you to bring several items up with you as you climb the ladder – such as a scoop and bucket, hose or other cleaning materials. Balancing these items while you are up the ladder is a dangerous task and may lead to an accident if you don’t balance yourself well.
4. Some gutters, such as aluminum rain gutters, have extremely sharp edges. You may get cut with these edges and these cuts may lead to infection.
With all these dangers, it is advisable that you call a gutter cleaning professional. The pros have the training and the right tools to get the job done for you without the danger and headache a DIY gutter cleaning project may entail.
Call us at Larsen Window Cleaning and let the pros handle your window care! Give us a call at 626-303-3664 and we will give you an estimate tailored to your needs.