Its summer! Not to mention super hot. While you enjoy a mint julep while reclining on your chaise, let us do all the hard work of cleaning your window sills and windows. This arduous task is easy to put off…for a long time. But that’s a bad idea. Let’s be honest – it’s depressing to look out your smudgy windows. But, keeping windows clean and in good working condition is important in maintaining property value. But if you must be a DIY-er, here are some good cleaning tips:
Maintaining your windows and screens is easy. Follow these simple steps to clean your windows:
· Start with water and a soft cloth. If something is difficult to get off the windows, use a mild detergent. Windex works well too.
· Always brush screen lightly with a soft brush. Screens are flexible and can be bent easily.
· Never use a power washer to clean residential windows.
· Harsh chemicals, even soft scrub, are abrasive and can leave marks. Don’t use those items.
· When cleaning swipe in one direction, horizontal or vertical. This will keep the streaks away!